Want to get involved in work? That’s where School Leaver Employment Supports can assist you to learn the skills needed to find a job!

What is School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES)?

Are you about to complete school or have you just left school? Are you in search of a job?

That’s where School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) can prove to be useful. It can support you to find, and secure, a job.

SLES is an NDIS support for people with a disability – it’s a program that is not set, but you can acquire funding for up to two years.

Disabled child All Supports

School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) at All Supports

There are many ways SLES can benefit someone with a disability; which is worth exploring.

At All Supports, SLES is devised just for you. It’s all about supporting you so that you can meet your goal of finding, and keeping a job.

All supports disabled children laughing

What skills will I learn?

There are various skills you can learn to get you ‘job ready’. These include:

  • Searching and applying for a job.
  • Writing resumes and cover letters.
  • Communicating at work.
  • Understanding what your employer requires from you.
  • Starting a new job.
  • Working in a team.
  • Budgeting and money.
  • Dressing for work.
  • Health and safety.
  • Catching public transport.

Will I get hands-on work experience?

Yes, SLES gives you the opportunity to have some work experience in open employment.

When you are in search of a job, it can be difficult to decide which one would be suitable for you.

By doing work experience you will get a sneak peek at various jobs to see what you like and what is suitable for you.

We always work with companies that are trusted and can also provide a drop-in or full-time support throughout.

Plan management picture All Supports

How does All Supports teach these skills?

Different people have different ways of learning. That’s why SLES has both small group and individual activities.

You will always be able to learn at your own speed with as much or as little support as you require.

Can I get a qualification through SLES?

Yes! You will have the chance to get a formal qualification if it correlates to a goal in your NDIS plan. These can include:

  • A TAFE or other qualification.
  • Workcover white card.
  • First aid certificate.
  • Barista certificate.
  • RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol).
  • RSG (Responsible Service of Gaming).
  • Learner driver license.

NDIS Support Categories

School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) is financed under Capacity Building – Finding and Keeping a Job in your NDIS plan.