What is Supported Independent Living (SIL)?

Supported Independent Living is sometimes called shared accommodation.

SIL is an NDIS support where a person with a disability lives with other people. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.


Supported Independent Living at All Supports

Our All Supports team we can help you find a home to call your own. Here’s what you need to know about our services.


What Support Will All Supports Provide Me?

All Supports properties provide our customers with a comfortable and secure home.

We will also support you with day-to-day tasks like:

  • Cleaning and laundry
  • Nutrition and cooking
  • Personal care such as showering and dressing
  • Going to appointments
  • Taking medication
  • Taking up a hobby
  • Learning to catch public transport.
  • Volunteering and working
  • Joining a group or club
  • Tips to make friends
  • Catching public transport
  • Working with Government services.

Vacancies available now!

At All Supports, we have a number of Supported Independent Living vacancies which could be a perfect fit for you.

If you have an eye on a property, we would love to show you around. You will also get the chance to talk to our team about the type of supports you are looking for.

Plan management picture All Supports

Will I Be Included in Household Decisions?

Yes! All our customers are part of the household routines and decisions.

This can be done in different ways depending what each household prefers. As an example, in some houses, the housemates choose to sit down for a meeting each week to make decisions about their home

What Type of Properties Does All Supports Offer?

We have a wide range of shared properties including apartments, villas and houses.

We will work with you to find something that’s just right.

Plan Management image All Supports

Who will I be living with?

We know it’s important that people click and get along.

Tell us what you like or don’t like in a housemate, and we’ll do our best to match you with people who tick your boxes and have similar interests.

Do You Provide Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)?

We have a wide range of properties for people with very high support needs.

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) will be funded separately to Supported Independent Living in your NDIS plan, as a capital support. To learn more about the SDA and SIL, visit the NDIS website

Disabled boy in wheelchair sharing laugh with his doctor or therapist

NDIS Support Categories

Supported Independent Living

Supported Independent Living is funded under Core Supports – Assistance with Daily Life in your NDIS plan.

The NDIS does not fund the cost of rent, board, transport, and other day-to-day expenses such as food and activities.

Specialist Disability Accommodation

This funding is for people with very high needs who need specialist housing.

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is assessed and funded separately to SIL through Capital Supports – Specialist Disability Accommodation.